From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:29:16 -0400
Tim Hale wrote:
> Sort of like a recent hockey game that ended 1-0 after three overtimes.
> Some of my coworkers thought that must have been a very boring game and that
> 'nothing happened' until the third OT.

However, part of the "not nothing" that happened prior to the third OT
was colored by the suspense of not knowing when the game was going to
end or who was going to win it.  If you know that a team will be winning
the game in the third OT, it takes a little bit of immediacy out of the
scoring chances in the first OT.  YMMV.