From:
Bob Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:14:46 -0400
Welcome Minnesota to the joys of playing for a statewide cup.  The "Ohio
Cup" is sponsored by the Buckeye Sports Bulletin - a publication about Ohio
State sports.  It is the one thing that an Ohio team is sure to win in a
season of CCHA competition.   Maybe it is the strong focus on winning the
Ohio cup that explains why other states seem to dominate the CCHA so often.
Let's hope this doesn't happen in Minnesota.

Wonder if there will be a website for the DQ Cup?  I guess, that unlike the
"Ohio Cup" which is used for other teams in Ohio such as pistol, crew, etc.
it will be only used for ice hockey.  Is there a women's DQ cup?

In Ohio there are regional Ohio cups and even an annual high school soccer
event.  It is a pre-season event which is a fund raiser for scholarships.
It is open to high schools from states other than Ohio.  This one has the
website address for the ohiocup.org. And much to my surprise, an ice cream
connection.  The Ohio HS Cup is sponsored by Captain Freeze Ice Cream
Submarine.