From:
John T Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John T Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:19:31 -0500
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bob Fitta wrote:

> Who gets stiffed by the changing of the rules?  The real fan does!!!
> We attend games all year go to the tourneys and then the regionals in
> pretty empty buildings, but when the finals roll around our reward
> could be to not get in!  The NC$$ says they want a more FAIR system.
> Yes, if I were 24 and looking to go to my first tourney I would say
> that the present system is against me.  But it is those of us that have
> been attending these games for 20+ years that have made the Hockey
> tournament a success and we should be rewarded for our loyalty.

I think the new plan would hurt old and new fans alike.  You can
always tinker with the priority system if you want to keep new fans
from getting closed out; just adjust the proportion of tickets that
are drawn in each round to make sure there are a decent number left at
the end.  Likewise, if you want to improve the odds priority-sevens
getting tickets, increase the number of tickets in the early rounds.

Having people submit 10 applications is a money grab pure and simple.
It's not fair, it doesn't help the beginning fan (who is less likely
to have the $1000+ to put up to try to get tickets).  Please, people,
when you lobby the NC$$, don't make it an us-against-them thing.
Everybody loses if they make the changes people have been talking
about.
                                        JTW