Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:13:16 -0600
I think my point has gotten misinterpreted.  When I say that education
takes second place to hockey I'm referring to the school's point of view
which may or may not equate with the player/student.  The NC$$ system of
year to year scholarships is a racket.  The system of indentured servitude
with coaches allowed to move but not players is a disgrace.  The entire
system is corrupt.  It is a guilty secret that I still enjoy college
hockey and ardently follow BU even with these views, but I don't confuse
my own entertainment with social justice, or even equity in this case.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC