Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:25:19 -0600
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Steve Rockey wrote:

> Arthur Berman BU74, Harvard90 wrote concerning Texas goalie McKee:
> >This sounds like a pro transaction to me.  So much for educational
> >priorities being top priority at Ivy League schools.
>
> You imply some sort of dirty trick.

I was not singling out Cornell, all the big Div. I programs, including
Harvard and BU, are glorified semipros, I just happen to be partial to BU.
The idea that athletic teams in the NC$$ exist for the purpose of
educating atheletes is a farce and a sham.  Moving up that kid at Cornell
is just a particularly explicit example.

I do think the Ivys with their fiction of no atheletic scholarships is
particularly hypocritical in this area, but not Cornell more than others.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC