From:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:22:33 -0400
Arthur Berman BU74, Harvard90 wrote concerning Texas goalie McKee:
>This sounds like a pro transaction to me.  So much for educational
>priorities being top priority at Ivy League schools.

You imply some sort of dirty trick.

The kid was admitted for this year (as per this mornings Ithaca Journal
article) as a precaution and was planning to come the following year if
LeNeveu remained in school. So he comes in the year he was originally
admitted for instead of waiting a year.

I am sure BU and Harvard would never plan ahead if they had 2nd round draft
pick who might leave early.

The Ivy's attempt to play Div.1 athletics with some shared self imposed
limitations   Remember the Ivy league was formed as an athletic league.  I
think college hockey is better for the presence of the Ivy teams.

Steve
Cornell 1970

Steven Rockey
Director of the Mathematics Library