From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 07:14:38 -0500
Bill Fenwick wrote:

> A goaltender from Texas... well, when you've already had one from Australia
> (Jason Elliott), nothing seems strange anymore...

Hey, what's wrong with a college goalie having a little experience on the
Chisholm Trail?  McKee will be the second in recent years.  Michigan's Josh
Blackburn listed Choctaw, Oklahoma as his home town, although he probably spent
more time on the Alcan Highway.  His parents moved from Alaska to Choctaw about
a year before he started college.

McKee, on the other hand, is a legitimate native Texan from Irving.  I presume
he just lived at home while playing for the Tornados, whose home rink has been
in Fort Worth's suburb of North Richland Hills.  The team will move into snazzy
new digs in the north Dallas suburb of Frisco next year.  I believe it's in the
same facility the Stars use for practice.  Losing McKee to Cornell and Matt
Nickerson to Michigan should have them hustling to rebuild their defense.  McKee
was the NAHL's top goalie as a rookie and defenseman Nickerson was drafted by
Dallas in the third round.  Ten players from this year's team have committed to
Division I schools.

Bob Griebel