From:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:14:29 -0600
First I want to say that I applaud Mercyhurst and their coaches and
program.  Even though the team was down at one point 8-0, the boys
played as though it was a 1-0 game, and did not lower themselves to
playing chippy, dirty hockey.  Kudos to the Lakers.

I think the subject line says it all.  Minnesota dominated the game.
They came out fast and hard.  A couple of highlights: The captain,
Grant Potulny, had a hat-trick and Gino Guyer set a regional record 5
assists in a game.

I must say that after watching Ferris State against North Dakota this
afternoon that it will not be a blow-out on Saturday for either team.
The Gophers are in for a much more physical game as Ferris seemed to
take the body more than Mercyhurst did.

Go Gophers!

Kathy M.

P.S.  Must note that St. Cloud State is holding up their tradition of
not being able to win a game in NCAA regional play.  They lost tonight
to UNH, 5-2.