From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 01:21:05 -0500
Patrick Abegg wrote:
> On the TV broadcast, the "expert" has no idea why this bracketing is done,

I'm rather disappointed in the Committee and the Selection Show.  Didn't
anyone else notice the commentator ripping every live shot of teams?

Adam Wodon and Jeff Sauer did their parts very well, but the rest of the
cast were awful.  Ian McCaw, given the chance to explain the Committee's
work, simply spewed the same meaningless drivel he's said all winter.
Reminded me of the military censors in "Good Morning, Vietnam".

Mike Shafer should be ticked off.  Jack Parker should be disappointed.
Tim Whitehead should be dismayed.  The tournaments should draw very
well, so Ian McCaw will look good.

Hopefully, Ian McCaw and other members of the Committee will sit down
with USCHO and let us know what really happened to give us these seeds.

Then, if we're so smart, maybe we should come up with a better set of
rules and better field?

cheers, wayne

--

Wayne T. Smith -- [log in to unmask] -- Systems Software Analyst
University of Maine System (UNET)