From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:25:47 -0600
HOLLY ROBINSON wrote:
> However, I just wish [the UMass fans]
> would clean up their chants and cheers, which are quite obnoxious and
> not for delicate ears (even my 26 year old ears were a bit offended).
> Then again, I am quite the fish out of water there anyhow.

I suspect this might be a semi-normal part of the growing pains of a
program's fanship.  When I was at Northeastern, we had a bit of a
reputation (and not undeserved) for off-color chants, which were cleaned
up as the tickets became more popular and the program became more
visible at the school.  Complaints by season ticket holders might have
some effect in cleaning things up.