From:
Cathryn Spreeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathryn Spreeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:14:09 -0500
Just have to add my two cents about this past weekend at the Fleet Center.
I agree with those who have remarked at the depth of the Hockey East
conference.  What a pleasure it was to watch the game between UMass-Amherst
and UNH Friday night.  We sat next to a section that was almost entirely
UMass fans, who were loud and enthusiastic and not at all obnoxious like the
fans of some other teams (who will remain nameless at this time, but who
were not represented at the Fleet this weekend, hint hint).  It was a great
night of hockey and I look forward to next season being an even tighter race
in Hockey East.   This just keeps getting better and better!

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but please forgive me if I am
repeating.  Friday night when the Star Spangled Banner was sung, the young
lady who sang it was wearing a Joe Exter jersey.  Lots of people in the
stands had ribbons on with Merrimack's colors.  And the Fleet Center
announcer reminded us all to keep Joe in our thoughts during this
tournament.

It surely puts everything in perspective.

Cathy Spreeman

Durham, NH

GO CATS!