From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:47:45 -0500
Craig Knowles wrote:

One other thing that FSNE does that gets under my skin is their failure (unwillingness? inability?) to provide scores on other games in progress, Sara Fagan's comments notwithstanding.  Maybe I just missed them by being out of the room at the critical moment, but did anyone see or hear ANY other scores during any of the three games?  This was particularly aggravating since there were times I could hear that the Fleet Center announcer in the background was announcing scores but could not hear actually them.  And would Frede and Sweeney at least shut up for a minute to give listeners a chance?  Nah.  Must be part of FSNE's apparent policy of keeping hockey fans in the dark.  Much better to have endless numbers of sound bites with players and coaches.

Actually, I didn't noticed any scores given during the FSNE broadcast but I do remember NESN give them once.  I was watching the Cornell game and didn't want to know about the HE final.  It was in the third period, I think, when suddenly they said something about out of town scores.  I quickly plugged my ears and started humming.  I didn't hear anything and the surprise was not ruined.

Usually I am one of those who really wants to hear other scores.  I have been listening to Colgate hockey this weekend and they have been very good with given the other ECAC scores which has allowed me to post them here.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!!