From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:37:02 -0500
I spent 7 hours at the Fleet Center (the Vault) last night, and could not
agree more with Deron's posting about the quality of the HE semi-final
games this year. I am glad that Fox Sports TV treated you equally as well
last night. Concerning the review of Justin Maiser's 2nd goal to tie up
the BU-BC game at 5-5 with less than 4 minutes left in regulation, the
refs decision was even less clear to us in person at the Vault. So, an
advantage of viewing on TV, I guess. I believe that there were three other
reviews in the two HE games last night, an advantage (?) to post-season
play (we UNH fans are still miffed about Lucas Lawson's skate-directed
winning OT goal in Durham last month). Of course, despite our sleepy eyes,
we UNH fans were hoping that BU and BC would play a few more OT periods
last night (a la Colgate vs. Dartmouth), as UNH will have their work cut
out for them tonight, BU tired legs or not. Given the surge of Cahoon's
Minutemen the past two weeks (two wins IN Orono to knock the Black Bears
out of the HE tourney, followed by last night's gutsy performance against
UNH at the Vault), one could make a case for UMass. going to the NCAA
Regionals, instead of ????

Go Cats!

Thom Davis, UNH71

"I was fortunate enough to be able to watch both Hockey East semifinal
games
on Fox Sports last night..........

.........What a great 7 hours of hockey that was!!  Hockey East has become
so deep
and such a great, competitive conference and that was on display last
night.
I have watched plenty of sports, but few events have been as entertaining
as
BOTH games were last night.  It was a terrific time, despite the fact that
my team (Maine) was not there!!"...............
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
http://www.blackbears.net