From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:25:28 -0600
After reading this, I have to conclude that whoever writes these rules probably came over from Congress (or maybe the IRS).  I would suggest two things (as if anyone who could do anything would ever read this):

1.  Attempt to injure is grossly misleading as defined.  Any reasonable person would read that phrase as implying there was an INTENT to injure.  Surely a better phrase could be found.

2.  Why on earth does the commissioner have the power to increase penalty minutes but no power to reduce them?  If the on-ice official makes a call that results in a DQ but tapes later prove that the call was in error, this means the situation cannot be fixed.  If a commissioner can fix an insufficient on-ice call, why not be able to fix an overly-aggressive on-ice call?

TR

client=03SS