From:
Kelly Hubicki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Hubicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:53:03 -0500
I have to agree that the game was one of the hardest losses I have seen.
Almost as hard for me were the chants of "overrated" coming from the RPI
section.  As I reminded one fan on the way out the door, if it weren't for
the new ECAC playoff rules, RPI would not have even been in the playoffs.
Union played hard this year and deserved to be.
I found Mayotte's quotes in the Sunday paper interesting - not sure that I
agree that he made the right decision, but then I don't play hockey.
Either way, it was sad to see such a great season end.  Hopefully next year
will be even better.  On the bright side, I don't think RPI will last very
long next weekend. :-)

Kelly