From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:30:59 EST
Heal Point System Rank for Men's Division I College Hockey, through
2003-02-25, comments on HEAL, as well as the RPI and RHEAL rankings, may
be found on the web at

      http://Maine.edu/HEAL/

You do *NOT* see HEAL rankings here, because I believe it's time for the
NCAA Men's D-I Ice Hockey Committee to shed its current mish-mash of
yearly tweaked, eclectic selection and seeding rules for the ultimately
fair and defendable system called KRACH.

Anyone that knows my interest in college hockey ranking systems knows
that I've believed KRACH to be the best system for some years now. It's
not as simple as HEAL, but it is better.

Many or most ranking system geeks, a classification to which I am only a
poor, infrequent pretender, know that KRACH is a sound, terrific system.
Moreover, it is substantially better than other college hockey ranking
systems, including current and past NCAA systems, and (sigh) HEAL and
RHEAL.

I invite you to view the current KRACH ranking at USCHO.com

   http://uscho.com/polls/?data=krach

A nice KRACH FAQ is available at

   http://uscho.com/FAQs/?data=krach

For more information on KRACH and college hockey ranking systems, see
this web site by John Whelan, a great friend of college hockey ranking
(highly recommended!):

   http://slack.net/~whelan/tbrw/tbrw.cgi?krach

And now, if you're only going to read one article, read this:

   http://uscho.com/news/2003/02/27_006294.php

the February 27, 2003 article by Adam Woden of USCHO, entitled "No More
Gimmicks ...  It's Time for KRACH".

So, yes, I'm jumping on the band wagon.  Please join in.  Make sure the
NCAA Men's D-I Ice Hockey Committee knows your view!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
HEAL/RHEAL and RPI at                  http://maine.edu/heal/
The College Hockey lists: Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/