From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:50:14 -0800
This past weekend I wound up socializing for a while with a USC
graduate who said that he had once played on their ice hockey club
team. In a manner well suited to a graduate of the University for
Spoiled Children, he went on to expound at great length about how
strong an ice hockey team USC now had and that they were now playing
some of the finest teams in the nation -- Denver, Michigan, Michigan
State. I said, "Oh horse feathers!" or words to that effect. But he
insisted that he was correct and suggested I go look it up on USC's
ice hockey web page.

So today I Googled on over to
http://www.uscicehockey.com/sched/index.asp where I found the
following information:

Fri. Oct. 25 at Michigan 8:30 PM Chelsea Ice Arena  L 1-11
Sat. Oct. 26 at Michigan State 8:00 PM Capital Centre  L 2-11

Now here's the curious part. On Friday, 25 October Michigan claims to
have been busy defeating Alaska-Fairbanks, while on Saturday, 26
October Michigan State claims to have been resting up from a two game
sweep of Lake Superior State. Neither of their schedules show any
indication at all of them ever playing USC.

So here's my question: assuming that the USC web site isn't a
complete fabrication, what is the nature of the two teams who whomped
on them on 25-26 October?  Do Michigan and Michigan State have some
sort of JV team or perhaps some club team?

Bob "eager to enlighten another spoiled child" Stagat