From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:44:39 -0500
Todd:
I am aware of what capacity he chimed in on.  My problem is that, because
Joe wears so many hats, I think he should be more prudent before "chiming
in".  His letter reminds me of a union boss coming to the defense of a
worker.  Fine, that's all well and good, but how does that jibe with his
title as Hockey East commissioner which, for lack of a better term, is a
management position?  You know, he holds that position by a vote of the
Hockey East AD's.  I wonder what he would have done if  Mark Morris had been
the coach of UNH, Providence, or one of the other HE schools.  Would he
write a letter criticizing a similar decision made by one of the members of
the league?  If he did he would, in effect, be making a public criticism of
his employer.  I doubt very much if such a letter would have been written in
a case like that.  Agree?

Greg