From:
"Moller, Edward N." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moller, Edward N.
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:18:45 -0400
Wayne writes that the NCAA didn't replay on the scoreboard any controversial
plays.  This is nothing new, as this is the policy at most stadia and
arenas.  In the grand scheme of things this is a good thing, as it helps
avoid a riot in the stands.  The editing of Metcalf's remarks should be even
less surprising.

Having said that, a controversial play did make its way onto the scoreboard
in the first period.  This was when a Maine player was called for
interfering with the goalie.  FWIW in Sec 105, and on the replay, it was
pretty clear to me that the Maine player was pushed into Hauser and that
interference should have been called on the Gophers.

My thanks to Kathy on a great time.  It was fun to see everyone.  Our
Minnesota hosts could not have been nicer.

Edward N. Moller
Controller
Mount Ida College
777 Dedham Street