From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:51:47 -0700
T R Hale wrote,,,

>  My personal thanks to Kathy for setting up our between
>  game meeting place for 130 members of this list.
>  Although the bar had a hard time keeping up with
>  some of our appetites, it sure beat anything else
>  that was available Thursday afternoon.
>
>  Thanks Kathy.

Arleen and I want to give very loud second to that sentiment -- Thank
you, Kathy, so much. From what I've heard elsewhere, if you weren't
fortunate enough to be part of the HOCKEY-L group, then you had one
helluva time finding anything at all to eat -- the downtown St. Paul
restaurant scene apparently hasn't caught up with capacity of the X.
(Shades of Anaheim!)

And not only did we get fed, but we met some very lovely people --
Ron and Beth (Deustermann?) and Chad and Theresa (Tichich???)
showered us with an overdose of Minnesota Nice. They clued us in to
the Tavern on Grand as THE place to sample walleye.

On Friday, after hoofing it all around the Science Museum, we hiked
up the hill and all the way out to the Tavern for dinner (the walleye
was great). On our way back, just as we were approaching the top of
the hill, we heard what sounded like fireworks. Crossed the street
and, sure enough, there was an impressive fireworks display going off
over the river. The people standing near us didn't know what it was
all about, so all we could figure is that someone in St. Paul must
have found out that it was our wedding anniversary weekend and timed
the display perfectly for us to see it from a fantastic location.
Like I said -- a real overdose of Minnesota Nice!

Thanks again Kathy, and thanks to all those other fine Minnesota
folks who made our stay a real fun one.

-Bob & Arleen Stagat-