From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:43:25 -0500
On 1 Apr 2002 at 7:38, Doug Peterson wrote, in part:
> I couldn't get my group's act together to agree on participation in the
> Hockey-L dinner so I am looking for some alternatives for Thursday.
> Last time I was there for the FF we drove to a restaurant that had a
> shuttle for the games so we were able to leave the car there.  Has
> anyone in the Twin Cities heard of any shuttle set-ups?  Does anyone
> have some other suggestions?

Yes, there's at least one restaurant advertising a shuttle to/from the
game.  I don't have the URL for it, but you can probably find it by
rattling around http://www.stpaulcvb.org/ or you can look around
http://www.rivercentre.org/parksmart.html for "Park Smart" and, for
Wild games, "ShuttleSmart", but I don't know if that will be running
for our games.

As for between games ... "Frozen Fest" may be of interest with it's
active/interactive/indoor activities ... and it's next door to xcel
center in touchstone energy place. $3-$5.  See

   http://www.ncaachampionships.com/0,5920,1_711_0_9672,00.html

If you have young kids with you (up to 12?), you might want to check
out the Minnesota Children's Museum, just a short walk from xcel
center. http://www.mcm.org/

The Science Museum of Minnesota is more or less across the street from
xcel center, but a couple of hours won't do it justice.
http://www.smm.org/

There are a number of restaurants, pubs, brew pubs and breweries in the
area ... maybe one of these would meet your fancy?

cheers, wayne
Wayne T. Smith                    mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET              University of Maine System
The College Hockey mailing lists: Hockey-L & Hockey3 at
http://lists.Maine.edu/