From:
Ralph N Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:31:12 -0500
Sara,

Although it could be true and may eventually happen, I think that Penn State
going D-I NCAA in hockey would have received more publicity by now.
Certainly, the Penn State students who have posted on USCHO would have
mentioned it. I assume that you know that a member of the team a few years
ago with leading a crusade to upgrade the team, but it ran into a road
block.

Also, if Penn State were going D-I, I would have expected someone to have
mentioned games with Penn State on a recent USCHO thread discussing
out-of-conference games for next year. The most probable thing is that the
person whom you were speaking with heard some half information -- either
that or he would say anything so that you would give more money. :-)

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74