From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:44:02 -0500
Greetings all -

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Richard McAdoo wrote:
> Dolinar .... pushed a pass to the left circle, where Murphy quickly shot
> low at the goal.  It seemed to fool Schaefer (I don't think it was de-
> flected, but it may have been?) and bounced through his legs to restore
> the 2-goal lead (the strange thing about this goal for me was the assist
> awarded to Ned Havern.  I don't think he touched the puck from the time
> Dolinar got it inside his own zone and skated it all the way down the
> rink.  Did he get the assist for taking up space and occupying a defense-
> man??)

  It seems the same BC official scorer who routinely awarded assists to
David Emma (during his Hobey-winning season) while he (Emma) was parked
firmly on the bench is up to his old tricks again :-)  Not that he's alone
in this conceit; if I had a nickel for every phantom assist I've seen
awarded over the past 25+ seasons (in rinks from Durham to St. Paul) I'd
be a wealthy man ....

> Pooley couldn't have been happy with the lazy way his team played the
> penalty kill, or their overall play .... They have not been playing well
> as a group or with any consistency, and that means a spotty up-and-down
> season.  With a tough league matchup with New Hampshire this Saturday,
> they need to make sure they get motivated before then.

  Has anyone else here on the List seen the Friars play in person ??  For
a team so highly touted in the pre-season, this early season swoon has me
mystified .... The offense seems impotent (Where for art thou, Rask and
Wright ??) and the team defense/goaltending is dreadful; PC has allowed
the most goals of all 9 Hockey East teams.  Underachieving may not suffice
to describe this team; has that magical mix of hard work and "puck luck"
simply abandoned the Friars this year ??

  Curious in Maryland - Jim