Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:32:18 EST
In a message dated 3/29/2001 8:40:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Greg Ambrose
>
> P.S.  BTW, in my reading of the NY Times this winter (every day on-line,
> newspaper on Sundays), I did not see one mention of Iona hockey. The Gaels
> were certainly causing a stir in the metro New York area, weren't they
> Larry?

Like it or not the MAAC & CHA are good for college hockey. One MAAC team
outdraws most teams in college hockey- Army and plays in one of the best
facilities in the country.  Take a look at "who beat who" and the MAAC was
great for in and out of conference competition. The short term goal should be
to get up to 100 D1 hockey playing schools and the added expsoure will help
produce fan support and give the sport some buzz.