From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:17:59 -0800
FYI: I just caught the tailend of an interview show on ESPN2, they had
the AD at UND and a native american representative on also, in debate.

It was intermingled with some discussion of native american cultural
activities before the start of the WCHA playoff games ... and why they
were cancelled, and some remarks about campus ethnic violence and
graffitti that I did not understand.

Apparently Sioux is the US Govt name for the tribe, which prefers to
call itself La Dakota (sp?). Not sure if it is related to hockey, or
college nicknames in general, but it supposed to be repeated late Monday
Sunday nite (not sure of date and time), I think, for those of you interested.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64, Univ of Illinois '66 and '69 next year????? I hope so.