From:
DAVE GERINGER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DAVE GERINGER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:08:14 -0500
The Islanders have stated that DiPietro will play approximately two of every
three games for the rest of the season because they don't want him to sit.

Apparently, they have decided that he will be their goaltender of the
future, and they are trying to force-feed him.

I agree with you. I don't think a year in the IHL (or some time sitting on
the bench behind John VanBiesbrouck would be detrimental. Maybe they are
trying to justify using the number one pick on a goalie.

Dave Geringer