From:
MJ Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:37:55 -0500
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Providence College junior forward Drew Omicioli of West
Warwick, R.I. was named USCHO.com Offensive Player of the Week Tuesday,
January 9.
Omicioli received his Player of the Week honor after tallying four goals
and three assists (seven points) as the Friars recorded a weekend sweep of
UMass-Amherst, which helped to boost the Friars into a first-place tie in
league standings.  On January 6, Omicioli had two goals and one assist and
earned the game's No. 1 star in PC's 4-0 win.  On January 7, he had two
goals and two assists and earned the game's No. 1 star in an 8-5
victory.   For the season Omicioli has recorded six goals and eight assists
in 15 games.  This season, Omicioli has recorded five multiple-point games
and 13 in his career.
Omicioli is the son of Andrew and Kathleen Omicioli.  Prior to attending
Providence, he played for the Lincoln Stars of the USHL.
Providence, 11-5-3, will return to action on Friday, January 12, against
Iona at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m.

M.J. Connors
Providence College
Sports Information