Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 15:22:31 -0400
Hunter Greeley Signs NLI To Play Hockey

Fairfield, Conn. – Head ice hockey coach Mark Dennehy announced today that
Hunter Greeley (Falmouth, Mass.) has signed a National Letter of Intent to
play at Fairfield University, beginning in the 2000-01 season.

Greeley helped Falmouth High School win the Massachusetts Division I State
Championship in 1996 and the Old Colony League Championship in 1996, 1997 and
1999.  The 6-foot-1, 190-pound forward is a three-time Old Colony League
All-Star and a four-time All Cape and Islands All-Star.

Greeley was named team captain in his senior season and led the Old Colony
League in scoring.  He was named to the Hockey Night in Boston Sophomore
All-Star team in 1996 and the All-Scholastic squad in 1999. Greeley also
lettered in football and baseball at Falmouth, serving as team captain and
earning All-League accolades in both sports.

“When I looked at recruiting, I wanted to get players with Division I talent
who were overlooked, and Hunter is that kind of player,” said Dennehy.  “He
has skill, size and a scoring touch and has spent the last year improving on
playing without the puck.  He also has the character to help Fairfield take
the next step.”

Fairfield posted a 3-28-3 overall record and a 3-22-2 mark in the MAAC last
season.

Marc Gignac
Assistant Director of Sports Information
Fairfield University
(p) 203-254-4000 x. 2877
(f) 203-254-4117
www.fairfieldstags.com

INFO-HOCKEY-L is for information only;  send any discussion of this
article to [log in to unmask], The College Hockey Discussion List.