From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:32:28 -0500

He wrote:
>D-I level is suppose to be the best..  It is suppose to feed the NHL, IHL,
>AHL, ECHL,
>WCHL, CHL not to mention all the professional leagues overseas....  If we
>expand the teams it would only lower the level of play and that would hurt
>the ones that have a chance to a pro career....
>
>Mike

I don't think the majority of NC$$ hockey players see it as the development
league
for the pros.  And I KNOW the administration and coaches do not see it that
way,
either.

If you are going to NC$$ games with that in mind, perhaps your dollars
should be spent elsewhere.  And the NC$$ product is MUCH better than the
ECHL, unless you like fighting and overall goonery.

I for one was extremely excited with the performance of Niagra this year.
Yeah,
you might attribute their rapid rise to "expansion" (a pro term, BTW), yet
I would say
that having a nucleus of players who spent four years together was a real
help.  In
the era of professional league free agency, that stability would be
coveted.  That's one
difference today compared with the pros.

Unlike many posters, you have not identified if you have any college
affiliation.
That might give us more insight into your frame of college hockey reference.

Dan Doucette

Maine Hockey - we win it all in odd-numbered years

Bill Gates should be sentenced to using a Macintosh
for the rest of his natural life.