Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 90 22:58:55 EST
Well, after watching tonight's Clarkson-Cornell game (read: farce), I have
some things on my mind that I must ask:

1.  Does anyone know who the referee was?  I missed the name over the P.A.
system, and he wasn't wearing his name on the back of his uniform.  Someone
started calling him "Pierre" (as in Belanger, everyone's favorite sh...I mean
official), but that may have just been an insult.

2.  Does anyone know where I (and probably about 1,000 other people) can
send a letter to the ECAC to file a complaint?  I've seen bad officiating
before, but this really takes the cake!  I know that there is only a slim
chance of removing him from hockey, but 2 WCHA refs were recently booted, so
this gives me hope.  And no, it is not merely my Clarkson bias showing.  This
ref REALLY had no clue as to what was going on!

3.  Do you think that a referee should be allowed to give a penalty to the
home team for "excessive crowd noise"?  This almost happened to Clarkson (we
yelled louder, but nothing happened.  Amazing, considering how the game was
going.  By excessive crowd noise, I mean not even throwing things on the ice
(including live (or dead) animals), not banging on the boards, not even the
Pep Band playing "Three Blind Mice".  All we were doing was yelling (a
(and rightfully so!).

Anyway, once someone finds out the name of the as... I mean referee who
officiated the game, if someone else has any other evidence that they wish
to contribute, please do.  Above all, hockey should be kept free of people
like Pierre Belanger and his cronies.

Oh, by the way, the game ended in a 3-3 tie in overtime.

Good night, and may God bless.

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson University
"LET'S GO TECH!"