From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:23:07 -0600
I keep bringing up this idea....

Could / should 4 on or near campus sites be chosen for the regionals?  I
somehow doubt that a 14,000 seat rink can be filled for 2 days.  Would
things be better if you went to a cozy 8-10K building for 2 nights?

For example:
DU's new barn could host the West Regional
NoDak's new Englestat could host the MidWest Regional

The Philly Spectrum or the Trenton Arena (Princeton) could host the East
Regional and
the Tsongas could host the Northeast Regional.

I think the Tsongas would be the largest facility.  All are easy to get to
(except Grand Forks??) and are  near major transportation hubs.

I think you could get over 60,000 fans for the regionals, which is a lot
more than what they get now.

Musings over lunch.....

Joe
Clarkson '77