From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 13:26:28 -0500
Did anyone out there attend the RPI-UVM game at the Cathouse on Saturday?  I wasn't there, nor did I listen to the game on WRPI.

But the recap on USCHO (written by Jayson Moy of WRPI) as well as a story in the Albany Times-Union claims that a player from UVM (Cox?) celebrated his tying goal (making it 3-3) by sliding past the RPI bench on his knees pumping his arm in celebration.
Apparently, several minutes later, Brad Tapper pulled the same juvenile stunt in front of UVM's bench when he scored to put RPI up 4-3. At that point, Brad Tapper (RPI's leading scorer) was given a 10 minute misconduct putting him out for the last 8 minutes of the 3rd period and first 2 minutes of OT.

I was wondering whether this was yet another case of uneven officiating or whether there was some difference between Cox's and Tapper's adolescent moves which caused one to be penalized and the other to be overlooked. Did anyone witness this event?

--
Mark Lewin
RPI  class of '69