Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:15:53 -0600
unless someone can prove discrimination based on color, religion or
age,  I don't think they'd have a chance.

Last checked, State of Residence bias wasn't something a person can
sue over.  If they could, many states would be sued for requiring
residence status for various jobs.

Brett

>considering umn's minnesota only recruiting process, what's the
>likelihood that someone could file a discrimination suit against the
>university and win?
>
>not that i care one way or the other what the umn does in their
>recruiting practices, but it seems they may be open to a host of
>lawsuits they can't win.

Brett C. Harvey
Network Tech II
Technology Department
Saint Paul Public Schools, Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA

The box said "needs windows 95 or better" - so I bought a mac!