From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:45:24 -0500
On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Ralph N Baer wrote:

> >"It's the nature of the beast," Vaughan said. "We felt we needed
> >forwards to get more depth up front. When we got the forwards we
> >needed, there was no more (financial) aid available.
> >"We could have brought in a full-pay candidate, but chose not to. We
> >didn't want to go that route just to have another body available."
>
> If I didn't know better, I would think that Colgate was now offering
> athletic scholarships.  :-)

As a Colgate alumni, I can certainly testify that Colgate only offers NEED
based aid.
As Don Vaughn stated, he needed forwards, so financial assistance aided
him with his problem.
We will see how those seven defensemen cope with Brian Tapper and the
suddenly potent RPI offense this weekend at Houston.  Actually I think
this is a perfect opportunity for the Red Raiders to steal two points.
The stingy Engineer defense will have an early season test against the Red
Raiders' surfeit of scorers.  Should be a very entertaining weekend.
Brian Morris                        RPI Engineers
[log in to unmask]           5-0 and overranked