From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:43:36 EDT
Deron writes: "people who don't care about the quality or the people on it."

I certainly care that people have left the list. But, I question whether
quality can exist when the discussion is circumscribed by by many posters,
who exemplify a resistance to certain discussions and or people, whether that
be new people or new topics. An example of this resistance is the post of
late that typifies list intolerance by use of a delete button.

Nothing can remain as it was; everything changes and evolves. Perhaps, the
list needs a spring cleaning.

In reference to Greenie's statement about exiting with a "holier than thou"
attitude, I think he's right. If quality is to really reside on this list,
there has to be a willingness to agree to disagree. These theatrical
departures don't accomplish much other than to say: I haven't worked this
out; I haven't communicated with this person directly to let them know how I
feel and what they say offends me; I'll just pull a no show and show them
all. BTW you can't just get up from your seat on "Crossfire" and walk out.

That's not the type of communication that solves disagreements and  respects
an opponents right to uphold their opinions and their right to express them
according to the specifications of the list.

Vicki