Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:04:51 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Since another long-time and valuable poster has evidentally split, I thought
I might put in a plea to the rest of the list to stay put.

I have no idea what this latest pissing contest has been about, since
everything from "Face shields" to "Facts" went into my auto-kill file the
instant it became apparent they were more of "those kinds of threads."
There have been a few back-channel posts to suggest that these managed an
all-time low, but after a gazillion years of hockey-l, well... I really
doubt that.  But it sure could be a local minimum for taste and intelligence
.

There are a few idiots on this list.  Duh.  Many of the posts contributed to
the two aforementioned threads were dutifully submitted by charter members
of the hockey-l "couldn't find his/her ass with two hands and a map" club.
We know this.  But don't leave if it sickens you -- that merely reduces the
percentage of intelligent posters left on the list.  Delete them without a
look and without a thought -- jam your middle finger right down on that key.
 It's your friend.

You may miss a nugget of wisdom here and there, but let's face it -- a small
number of men and women with low self-esteem will always flame each other in
public.  Their words are meaningless.  They do not matter.  But you do.
Just stay, post when something is worth posting; we'll read it, we'll engage
and we'll have a discussion list, rather than a kindergarten.

-- Greg

Good luck Joe, in Must Win, part 1 of 2.

--

*  Greg Berge