From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 13:47:03 -0500
On Tue, 4 May 1999, Steven Rockey wrote:

> Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League.  I am not familiar with that league
> although Jason Elliot Cornell '98 was from the same team in the same
> league.  I am pretty sure I have seen other players in Div. 1 from that
> league but not as many as from the BCHL.  What is the story--Junior A or
> Junior B?  Large league? Small league?  All team in BC?

The RMJHL is a Junior A league that operates in southeastern British
Columbia. Its level of play is not as strong as the BCJHL, which is shown
by the fact tha the RMJHL hasn't won the Provincial title in at least 15
years. In fact, the RMJHL rarely even wins a game in the annual best-of-5
series. Players often move from the RMJHL to the BCHL.

Until about three years ago, the RMJHL consisted of 12 teams, with a
division located in central and northern B.C. That division folded after
its strongest two teams moved to the BCHL. The move of a WHL team into
Cronbrook also hurt the league, as it caused one team to fold immediately,
and leaves one to wonder about the future of the other team in the area.

This is what led the RMJHL to pursue its closer ties to the America West
league.

See you later,
John

--
 John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
                  "You're telling me the fun's over?