Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:36:14 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> From: Joseph M LaCour:

> why is Clarkson always "good" (until the 3rd
> week of March ;( )?  Other programs in other conferences are "good" for a
> number of years but then have a fall off (BU & Minn appear to be in that
cycle
> this year), but Clarkson year after year is a home ice school and, despite
> their post season failings, are one of those "national" contenders (or are
> they?) each season.

They've clearly been a national contender over much of that period.  This
despite not having been dominated by blue chip prospects (the last Golden
Knight to really make it big in the NHL was Dave Taylor in the 70's, right?)
, and not having had a whiff of scandal associated with the program.

One reason may be the remarkable consistency of leadership they've had -- it
seems like there have been about three coaches at Clarkson spanning the last
, oh, 30 years...

Basically, I think they just do it right.  A clean program at a good school.
 The third week of March stuff is only a streak (helped along perennially by
my own alma mater ;-) -- they'll eventually get their hardware.

-- G

--

*  Greg Berge