From:
Jeff Fanter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 23:42:29 -0000
>sources close to QC have indicated that QC which has been on a recruiting
>binge is going to fill in the breach if Union leaves the ECAC to drop back to
>D3; there is further talk of UConn coming in as well which would certainly
>throw the MAAC for a loop since QC organized the MAAC! The inclusion of the 2
>schools would pre-empt the MAAC from quickly catching the ECAC in talent;

I can officially comment on that the above is unfounded and not at all
true.  The ECAC recently met with Union and Union has no intentions of
leaving the conference.  In fact Union is either renovating or building a
new rink.  The ECAC has not had spoken with either Quinnipiac nor
Connecticut.

Jeff Fanter
ECAC Ice Hockey Commissioner

Follow ECAC Ice Hockey at Hockey.ECAC.Com