From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:56:37 EDT
OK....since we are in a friendly battle of who was the least recruited walk on
to take a regular turn...and concern about how recruited each player was has
arisen....I must bring up Peter Geronazzo again. It is widely believed in most
circles (the one around my house on a map) that Coach Beutow hated Peter
Geronazzo with a passion (this might not be true) to the extent that he spent
all of his time and energy trying to keep Geronazzo out of CC's Honnen ice
rink ( I think) that Peter grew stronger and stronger each time that Beutow
wrestled him to the ice...pulled him off and onto the bench...and carried him
kicking and screaming out into the street. Soon Geronazzo...who was getting
stronger with each tussle... was winning the battle for the right to stay on
the ice during CC's practices...but Beutow would have none of it...instructing
his players to completely ignore him...not allowing him the puck or any
oppurtunity to make a play. This made Geronazzo even more tenacious and
determined to get his way. Soon he was stealing pucks and shooting them past
Bach and Paul Frank at a furious pace. Beutow countered by challenging
Geronazzo alone to a gscrimmage against the entire CC roster...the CC team had
3 goalies, 7 defensemen and 14 forwards...against just Peter Geronazzo.
Geronazzo won 36-2. Beutow conceded defeat...and the rest is history. (The
previous statement might have some flaws in it....maybe.)

How's THAT? ;-)

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Choose.html