Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:14:17 -0500
>   To "fix" the problem of conferences being to big,the nc$$ is going to
have to look at the automatic bid system first.

It only becomes an issue if there are a lot of Div I Indies, and if there
are enough the tourny could bump up to 16.

It would be interesting if there was a historic and successful Div. I Indy
on the order of Notre Dame in football.  That would change the conception of
conference importance, somewhat.  But... there aint.  (And for that matter
I've been hearing that ND is bound for the Big Ten soon anyway.)