From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 15:25:23 -0500
On Fri, 1 May 1998, Bill Fenwick wrote:

> On May 1, 13:43, Richard Hungerford wrote:
> >Add that all up and you have the 40 varsity teams we need for an NC$$
> >National Title!
>
> Ah, but some of the 40 are Div. I and some are Div. III, right?  Which means
> there aren't enough in either division to meet the NCAA criteria for a
> championship tournament.

But some sports (Men's Volleyball is the one that comes to mind) don't
separate by divisions. They simply have one "National Collegiate"
tournament, and one "National Collegiate" champion.

I wonder if the same could be done with Women's Hockey.

> "All I know is that Mr. Clinton's ratings keep on going up, so maybe you
>  people should find something else--"
> -- Sid Hartman, Minneapolis _Star Tribune_ sports columnist, asked on a sports
>    talk show to give his thoughts on Tara Lipinski

ROFL.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
          Let me get right on that, with thinking. - Officer Barbrady