From:
Bret Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:49:26 -0400
I remember seeing a post from the UofAlaska Fairbanks awards ceremony
stating that they selected MSU's Sean Berens as Most Respected Opponent.
This sounds like a neat topic to fill a portion of the spring days after
the season.

For Michigan State, the choice seems easy, OSU Goalie Jeff Maund.  He
gave us a heck of a time in the CCHA final and then stoned us bad in the
West REgional.  No real goal scorer stands out, because the Spartans
didn't usually give up a lot of goals.  Boisvert for OSU seemed to play
well against us, but we pretty much neutralized most of the big guns we
played, like Muckalt for UofM, Dan Boyle for Miami.

So, who were the pains in the necks candiates for this year.  Whoops, I
mean who would receive most respected opponent for your favorite teams?

Bret Marr
East Lansing
Waiting til next season for the Spartans to finally win a NC$$
touranament game, yet alone a tournament!