From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:05:09 -0600
Since I didn't get around to writing a column last week, let's start off
with last week's "Unvarnished Truth" WCHA Poll, followed by this week's
poll and the updated Cummulative Rankings.

                          UNVARNISHED TRUTH WCHA POLL (2/3/98).

TEAM (FIRST PLACE VOTES)       POINTS           PREVIOUS RANKING
1.(tie)North Dakota (3)            51                          1
Wisconsin (3)                                                  2

3. St. Cloud                       42                          3

4. Colorado College                33                          4

5. Michigan Tech                   28                         T6

6. Minn-Duluth                     27                         T6

7. Denver                          17                          8

8. Alaska-Anchorage                11                          9

9. Minnesota                       10                          5

                         UNVARNISHED TRUTH WCHA POLL (2/10/98).

TEAM (FIRST PLACE VOTES)      POINTS           PREVIOUS RANKING
1. North Dakota (5)               45                         T1

2. St. Cloud                      37                          3

3. Minn-Duluth                    34                          6

4. Wisconsin                      31                         T1

5. Minnesota                      23                          9

6. Colorado College               21                          4

7. Denver                         15                          7

8. Michigan Tech                  14                          5

9. Alaska-Anchorage                5                          8

                    UNVARNISHED TRUTH CUMMULATIVE RANKINGS (2/12/98).

TEAM                   POINTS
1. North Dakota           101.5

2. St. Cloud               92.5

3. Wisconsin               85.0

4. Colorado College        75.5

5. Minn-Duluth             55.0

6. Minnesota               39.5

7. Michigan Tech           34.0

8. Alaska-Anchorage        33.5

9. Denver                  23.5

There is an update on all of the polls.  I do apologize for last week.
Well, I WAS going to have a special feature today, but I will wait until
tommorrow.  Tommorrow, I will have a special on Coaches in the WCHA who
should step down or be forced out.  There are a few coaches that should
get the boot and I'll tell you why tommorrow.  Until then, later everyone!