Steve Wintner [log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:15:27 GMT
DGMacJr ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: turned.  There are plenty of questionable  sticks being used in major college
: hockey and also a lot of questionable goaltender equipment.
:

Such as ? As a goalie, besides the curve of the stick, I cannot think of too
much "Questionable equipment" that is available. Leg pads are made to be
12" wide, as is legal, and yeah, due to the way they are made, they
sometimes end up a little wide, like maybe 1/4" at the widest spot. Note
that pads are not the exact same width all the way up. But I cannot think
of any readily avaiable illegal equipment, or any easy way to make any.
According to one rule book I have seen, wich claimed to be current, depending
on how it is interpreted, every catcher made today is illegal. (I don't have
that rulebook any more.) Since that is obviously not the case....

-Steve