From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:50:34 -0500
I watched the game on TV and also found it amazing that Degerman was
attempting to hide the evidence by scurrying to the bench to, presumably,
hide the stick.  I believe it was Wansborough who prevented him from
getting away with the illegal stick.

As for Parker's reaction, he didn't seem too perturbed.  He appeared tob
leaning up against the glass just taking it all in.  Of course, when this
all happened they were already a goal up, a man up with less than two to
play and it was, after all, Shawn Walsh behind the opponent's bench.  Kind
of "what do you expect" look was on Parker's face.  Anyway, Parker had
gotten as much as he was going to get from the refs in this weekend so he
just took it.  BTW, after the game was over I noticed Parker walking off
the ice with his arm around Walsh.  Given their history, I would love to
know what Jackie was saying.

One final note on illegal sticks and whether they accentuate a players
performance - Jason Krog, the nation's leading scorer and, despite what Joe
Bertagna thinks, Hockey East's leading Hobey candidate, uses an almost
straight blade.  As a result, he is very adept on backhand shots, something
which has become a lost art in college hockey.

Greg Ambrose, UNH '72
GO BLUE!!!
BEAT THOSE EAGLES!!!