Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 09:35:09 EST
Probably a little too early but now that I've seen every team play at least
once (to accompany the hype that I hear and read) and wanted to get a little
discussion going, here are my two cents.

Forwards
Brian Gionta (Boston College) -
Jeffery Boulanger (UMASS - Lowell)
Brian Cummings (Northeastern)

Defenseman
Bobby Allen (Boston College)
Rob Scudari (Boston College)

Goalie
Boyd Ballard (Providence)

Rookie of the Year
Brian Gionta (Boston College)

Goalies: Yes I know Ballard got shelled this weekend but imagine if he had
Scott Clemmonson's (Boston College) support in front of him. However, if
Clemmonson continues to play the way he has in the last two weeks, then he
would get the nod as the top rookie goalie.

Defensemen: I know that there are several other good defenseman in the league
but these two have helped BC improve dramatically on defense especially with a
rookie goalie. Strong honarable mention to Jay Leach (Providence), Mary Hughes
(Boston College), Joe DiPenta (Bsoton University) and John Peterman
(Northeastern). I think Leach could one of the great defenseman in the league
in a couple of years.

Forwards: Lots of great rookie forwards. Two that are rising rapidly are Mike
Lepart (Boston College) and Juha Vouri (Boston University). Next year, Vouri
might be BU's only legitimate scoring threat. Also, Matthias Trattnig (Maine)
has played very strong.