From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 17:45:39 -0500
Christian wrote..
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend some reasonable hotels in the
> Orono area?  We are planning on making the trip up there for the first
> time next weekend and need a place to stay.

"Reasonable" is a pretty personal matter!

Orono has 2 hotels close to campus: the Black Bear Inn and University
Motor Inn.  There are also a few "Bed and Breakfast Inns" in
Orono. There are also many and varied hotels in Bangor.

I can highly recommend the Black Bear Inn (207/866-7120 or
1-800-528-1234), a Best Western hotel, as a cut above most hotels of
that chain. It is very close to campus, at the Stillwater Avenue /
Orono / Old Town Exit 51 of I-95. I don't have exact prices (they vary
substantially by season and winter is the least expensive season), but
suspect the price is approximately $75.  Expedia.MSN.com shows no
available rooms for the weekend of the Maine/UNH games, so you might
want to call the hotel directly.

You should be able to find a Bangor (12 miles south on I-95)
motel/hotel for $50-$75/night.  Most places have weekend specials and
government rates. The price range of all places in Bangor is probably
$30-$100 per night (several dozen hotels/motels).

Hope this helps, and if you're coming to the Maine/UNH series, stop by
and chat with the usher at section L/M ..

cheers,
wayne (the usher at section L/M)

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET (formerly CAPS) University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists