From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1992 20:13:32 GMT
The NC$$ DivI team record for fastest three goals is not in the College
Hockey Record Manual, unfortunately.  I can tell you that the Hockey East
record is 3 goals in 24 seconds by Lowell at Maine, 1/26/85.  That's by
one team.

The Manual does have the record for fastest three goals by one player - Peter
McNab (later of the Bruins) scored three in 31 seconds for Denver against
Colorado College on 11/13/71.

The record for fastest three goals by two teams was set last year when
Merrimack played at Maine, 2/15/91.  The teams combined to score three
goals in 15 seconds, and in that stretch Merrimack set its alltime record
for fastest two goals - six seconds.  That (15) is the HE record; I think it
may be the DivI record.

The Brown-Clarkson game John Hughes refers to had Brown scoring three
goals in 39 seconds.  That is the ECAC tourney record.  Lowell's record is
still 15 seconds faster.  Brown lost that ECAC q-final game in ot, 6-5.
The Manual has fastest three goals by one team in its tourney records
listing but not in its conference records listing, which doesn't make
much sense to me.  I have CCHA & ECAC guides at home and will check to see
if either conference has a record better than Lowell's 24 seconds; maybe
someone with a WCHA guide can do the same since I don't have one.

- mike