From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:30:45 -0500
On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:16:47 -0600 Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>> Sunday, the Minnesota-Duluth goalie made 24 saves and
>> was named tournament MVP as the Bulldogs beat Colgate
>> 6-2 in the championship game before 900 at Ononadaga
>> County War Memorial.
>
>***** ONLY 900 people?!?!? *****

Actually, 900 is a bit high...by the end of the game, there were maybe
200 people left in the stands.  There were probably 1500 or so for the
Clarkson-Niagara consolation game...

On other thing from the SIT:  does anyone on this list besides me have a
problem when a referee who is working the tournament, but not a specific
game, actively cheer on one team over the other in that game knowing full
well that he will have to work a game in which one of those two teams
will play in the next night?  Specifically, Harry Ammian was sitting a
few rows in front of me, cheering on Minn-Duluth against Clarkson.  He
did the same thing the next night, backing Niagara (again, to beat
Clarkson).  BTW, Ammian worked the championship game between Colgate &
UMD.

Has anybody seen this happen at other tournaments?  Or does Ammian just
hate Clarkson?

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson '91